Heating & Performance
How do I know which temperature setting to select?
How hot will my Warming Product get?
Your Sunbeam® Warming Product is designed to provide the appropriate heat to help maintain your body's own warmth and to keep you comfortable. It does not operate like a heating pad or older electric blankets you may have used years ago. When you touch the warming product, it may not feel hot to the touch. If you feel that your warming product is not operating properly or is not hot enough, we suggest you try the Sunbeam® Warming Products Fold Test. If you have tried this test and the warming product does not heat, please contact us via email.
What if my warming product is not heating at all?
You may need to reset your warming product. The following steps are recommended if your product does not seem to be heating:
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. Check that the control is tightly connected to the module in the blanket.
- Re-plug the power cord into the wall outlet. On a digital control, you should see flashing symbols and the display on your control will clear. Your blanket is now reset.
If resetting doesn't work, your warming product needs to be repaired or replaced. Please contact us via email.
Remember: Sunbeam® Warming Products will not feel hot to the touch when laid out flat in a normal manner. You may wish to complete the Sunbeam® Warming Products Fold Test.
What if only one side of my dual control warming blanket/mattress pad is heating?
- Plug the warming product directly into a wall outlet. Do not use an extension cord or other power adapter.
- Turn the control to the highest setting for 20 minutes and gradually adjust for personal comfort.
- If you have 2 controls, the control with the label on the bottom operates the side of the product containing the label.