Sleep Soundly... Tips for a Good Night's Rest
Studies indicate the average person needs seven or eight hours of high-quality sleep each
night for proper functioning.
How are you achieving this goal? Here are five easy steps you can take:
1. Stabilize the temperature around you.If you are prone to waking up at night
because you are too hot or too cold, what you may need is a more constant temperature.
Use your Sunbeam® Warming Blanket or Warming Mattress Pad to set and control the amount of
warmth you need all night long.
2. Ease into a relaxed state.Avoid crawling into a cold bed when you are ready
to wind down. Instead, pre-heat your bed with your Sunbeam® Warming Blanket or Warming
Mattress Pad so you can relax quickly.
3. Put aside the stress of your day.Stay focused on the present and what you can
control... let the rest go. Make a point quieting your mind from the worry that affects your
4. Watch for too much late night caffeine or food.Caffeine can act as a stimulate
making sleep more difficult. A heavy meal can make it difficult to fall asleep. Water, a
soothing herbal alternative or a light snack may help instead.
5. Make regular sleep a steady habit.You're worth it. Establish a time to end
your day and go to bed as an important part of your healthy routine.
Find out more about: