Related product category: Other
4 to 4 ½ pounds beef short ribs
¼ cup chopped green onions with tops
¼ cup tamari or soy sauce
¼ cup beef broth or water
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
2 teaspoons minced garlic
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
Hot cooked jasmine rice
2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Place ribs in the Crock-Pot® slow cooker. Combine green onions, soy sauce, broth, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and pepper in medium bowl; mix well and pour over ribs. Cover Crock-Pot® slow cooker; cook on Low 7 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours or until ribs are fork tender.
- Remove ribs from cooking liquid, cool slightly. Trim excess fat. Cut rib meat into bite-sized pieces discarding bones and fat.
- Let cooking liquid stand 5 minute to allow fat to rise. Skim off fat.
- Stir sesame oil into liquid. Return beef to Crock-Pot® slow cooker stoneware. Cover; cook on Low 15 to 30 minutes or until mixture is hot.
- Serve with rice and garnish with sesame seeds.