Related product category: Stand Mixers
Add chopped nuts and chocolate chips for a spin on this old favorite.
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup mashed ripe banana
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
/2 cup each chopped nuts and chocolate chips, optional
- In a mixer, stir together dry ingredients at a medium speed.
- Put in the remaining ingredients, adding chocolate chips and nuts last.
- Bake on 350 degrees in 9x5 pan or in a 12-cupcake tin for 30 to 40 minutes. Less time is needed for cupcakes.
- Cake is done when a toothpick poked into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Mayonnaise is substituted for the egg and butter in this recipe so fat free mayonnaise will not be appropriate.