Related product category: Stand Mixers
Delicious and fruity cake is great even if it is upside down.
1 1/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 pineapple slices or 1 cup crushed pineapple
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
- Melt 1/4 cup margarine or butter in a 9x9 pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over melted margarine.
- Drain 4 pineapple slices or 1 cup of crushed pineapple and arrange in pan.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in sugar.
- Add 1/4 cup margarine or butter and milk.
- Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed in a mixer, scraping sides of bowl frequently.
- Add vanilla and egg.
- Beat at medium speed for another minute and pour carefully over pineapple in pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until cake springs back when top is lightly touched with a finger.
- Remove from oven; turn upside down all at once.
- Leave pan in place for 1 to 2 minutes so topping will not stick to pan; remove pan.
- Serve warm or cold. Peaches may be substituted for pineapple.