Related product category: Stand Mixers
Light and fluffy pound cake with the taste of lemon.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup dairy sour cream
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Confectioners' sugar for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter and lightly flour a 10-inch tube pan. Grate zest from lemon and squeeze juice; set both aside.
- On a piece of waxed paper, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt; set aside.
- In large bowl of Sunbeam® Stand Mixer, at medium speeds, beat butter until smooth. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Using low speed, beat in flour mixture alternately with so
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake about 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted near center of cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 20 minutes, then remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- Just before serving, sprinkle, if desired, with confectioners' sugar.